In today’s juicing article, we discuss the benefits of pears for weight loss!
You will discover all of the wonderful benefits of adding pears to your diet for a healthy weight loss plan!
Read on to discover all of the benefits of pears for weight loss!
Losing Weight Is Hard. Yummy Fruit Makes It Easier
In today’s society, it is easier than ever to put on extra pounds. Humans have way too much access to high sugar and calorie foods with little to no nutrient benefit.
When we consume foods and drinks like these, our bodies still crave the nutrients they are being deprived of and we eat more thinking we are hungry. But, we don’t usually go for healthy snacks.
We are always looking for the next diet fad or scheme to help us shed the pounds virtually overnight. Unfortunately, you didn’t gain it overnight and you’re not going to lose it overnight either.
In fact, it takes longer to lose the weight than it does to gain it. But, before you get down and throw in the towel, take a minute to consider this: YOU ARE WORTH IT.
You are worth all of those times you say no to the snickers bar and yes to that pear. You are worth taking the stairs at work or riding your bicycle instead of driving.
And because you are worth it, you should definitely take the time to finish this article and see that not only can pears and pear juice help you lose weight, but you will gain so much more from all of the nutrients that you won’t even feel deprived of the junk food anymore.
Your Body Is Yearning For More Fruits And Veggies
The best thing we can do for ourselves is to add fruits and vegetables to our diets. For most of us, it is easier to add fruit because of their natural sweetness, which is good because all fruits contain many of the nutrients our body wants, and more importantly, needs.
Adding fruits and vegetables to our diets is so much better for us than all those diet pills, many of which are shown later to have terribly detrimental effects on our bodies.
What does this have to do with weight loss? Well, when we feed our bodies right, they function better. The better our bodies function, the easier it is to lose weight. We feel better so making better choices for foods and exercise is easier.
Now, let’s focus on a more specific fruit, to learn about all of the benefits of pears for weight loss.
Benefits Of Pears For Weight Loss
First things first, right? What we all really want to know is what helps us lose weight. Since many of us fight this battle day after day and year after year, it’s definitely a hot topic! So, does pear juice help you lose weight?
The short answer is: Yes! But let’s delve into it a bit more, shall we? Read on to learn how does pear juice help you lose weight and what are all of the benefits of pears for weight loss.
How Does Pear Juice Help You Lose Weight?
One of the most important basic steps to understanding weight loss is: calories in must be less than calories out. One of the many benefits of pears for weight loss is that they are high in fiber and water content while being low in calories.
Basically, you get a lot of bang for your buck, so to speak!
Pears are so high in fiber that they can contain up to 20% of your recommended daily allowance. Additionally, because fiber helps you feel fuller longer, then pears for weight loss is a great option!
Additionally, even though pears do contain sugar in the forms of fructose and glucose, they are absorbed slowly so they aren’t followed by a sugar crash and are therefore considered a low glycemic index food.
This is especially important if you are also fighting diabetes or are insulin resistant.
Another amazing benefit of pears is that they act as an anti-inflammatory. This is extremely important, of course, because the counterpart to any weight loss routine of diet is exercise!
But, often, when you aren’t eating right, your body reacts with inflammation. Possibly you have inflammation caused by a medical condition. Either way, if you’re in pain, you’re less likely to exercise.
Think of pears as a natural pain reliever! It is a cycle. If you can exercise more, you will lose more weight, which then makes it easier to exercise.
Pears Are a Great Snack
Finally, pears are a nutrient bursting, low calorie, no fat, and no cholesterol snack. You really can’t get much more out of a snack!
Experts recommend adding pears into your regular diet to up your weight loss potential! You can eat pears in many different forms, however, you get the most out of them when consumed raw.
Notice I didn’t mention that the pears have to be eaten! You can absolutely turn those wonderful raw pears into a yummy juice and still get all the benefits of pears for weight loss!
Pear juice is a great way to help you lose weight. It is easy and quick to make. It is portable. And it is easier to digest than when eaten raw.
When Should You Consume Pear Juice to Help You Lose Weight?
You can add pear juice into your diet whenever you like, but the best times that make the most impact to reap the benefits of pears for weight loss are as follows:
- Before meals, as the high fiber and water content will help you feel fuller and likely to keep you from overeating.
- Before working out, as it can aid in muscle repair and increase endurance.
- Between meals as a snack.
- As a bed-time snack!
Other Health Benefits Of Pears
Besides the benefits of pears for weight loss, pears contain a whole host of vital nutrients necessary for your overall health, such as:
- Fiber – an important nutrient for heart and digestive health, pears contain on average 6 grams of fiber, depending on the size of the pear.
- Antioxidants – copper, vitamins C and K, that fight cancer causing free radicals.
- Potassium – an electrolyte that helps prevent muscle cramps, maintain the body’s acid balance, and counteracts sodium, thereby helping lower blood pressure.
- Calcium – mineral responsible for bone health, also needed for heart health!
- Iron – mineral necessary for making red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout your body.
- Magnesium – a needed nutrient for maintaining a healthy blood pressure and normal heart rhythm.
- Riboflavin – a B vitamin needed for normal body processes.
- Vitamin B6 – a vitamin needed for brain and nervous system health.
- Folate – another B vitamin, B-9, that is crucial for pregnant women, as well as needed for bone marrow functions and turning carbs into energy.
- Carotenoids – aid in preventing cancer and eye disease, promoting eye health.
- Flavonols – fight inflammation, promote heart health, and protect the nervous system.
- Anthocyanins – another antioxidant that fights free radicals, and acts as an anti-inflammatory and anti-viral substance.
- Pectin – a polysaccharide that can help with high cholesterol and may even prevent certain types of cancers.
- Tannin – a polyphenol antioxidant that than work as an anti-inflammatory agent as it dissolves uric acid in conjunction with potassium and pectin.
- Vitamin A – important for bone and teeth development as well as boosting the immune system.
There are many types of pears available, and each bring a unique flavor, so try several different varieties and find your favorites now to get all the benefits of pears for weight loss that you can!
Sweeter Pear Varieties are:
Less Sweet Pear Varieties are:
While there are many benefits of pears for weight loss, there are some considerations that may apply to some consumers. Many fruits, like pears, are FODMAPS.
Some people have sensitivity to FODMAPS and will need to take care when consuming high FODMAP foods.
FODMAPS are Fermentable Oligo-,Di-,Mono-saccharides And Polyols. FODMAPS are believed to contribute to Irritable Bowel Syndrome, causing gas, bloating, and extreme stomach discomfort.
You may be fine with eating pears and drinking pear juice, every person that is sensitive to FODMAPS is different.
Just take it slow to see how your body responds. There are certainly enough benefits of pears for weight loss and your overall health to consider trying them.
Pear Juice For Weight Loss
We now know that there are many benefits of pears for weight loss and that pear juice does help you lose weight. Additionally, pears offer a plethora of healthful benefits for every other part of your body as well!
Pears offer a high percentage of fiber per serving, as well as vitamins, such as Vitamins A, B and C, and numerous minerals, electrolytes, antioxidants and more. Pears are very low in calories, have no fat or cholesterol, they really are hard to beat!
Juicing pears makes the high fiber skins and cores much easier to digest, while still getting all of benefits of pears for weight loss and your overall health.
No matter how you slice it, just throw it in a masticating, centrifugal or hydraulic juicer. There are so many benefits of pears for weight loss that you have no reason not to get to the market for some fresh pears!