If you want to start juicing then doing ample research into the type of juicer you want is your first step. It’s mainly dictated by the type of juicing that you wish to do.
There are different types of juicers in the market today, but in this article we will focus mainly on the best masticating juicers.
What Is A Masticating Juicer?
“Masticating” is a biological term that means to chew, but obviously there are no juicers out there that have teeth, or are there? With the kind of grinding masticating juicers do, they may as well have teeth.
So, a masticating juicer works by slowly grinding your fruits and vegetables with an auger against a steel plate. The produce is ground down and the pulp is squeezed against the plate to release the juice.
The slow process ensures that all the essential nutrients and vitamins are extracted. The masticating juicer yields more juice than a centrifugal juicer and produces less waste. If you are serious about juicing then the best masticating juicer is the way to go.
The Best Masticating Juicer For 2020 Compared
So now we will determine which the best masticating juicers are to choose from.
The Omega J8006 is our top pick for the best masticating juicer of 2020.
1. The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center
If you want a juicer that preserves all the nutrients in your juice then the Omega J8006 nutrition center is on top of our list for the best masticating juicer out there, probably even the best.
At 80 revolutions per minute, its juicing process is slow and precise meaning maximum extraction of juice from whatever you decide to juice with it.
Omega J8006 Pros
- It does not clog easily
- Does not foam your juice meaning you get a smoother taste in your juice
- An automatic pulp eject button ensuring continuous juicing
- Quiet operation
- Multi-purpose for juicing all types of foods even baby food.
Omega J8006 Cons
- Requires regular cleaning
- Long prep time
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center has over 3,400 reviews on Amazon. It delivers above excellence to it’s customers with a 4.5 star rating.
In the same wind as the Omega J8006 nutrition center is the SKG New gen wide chute anti-oxidation juicer. It is also one of the best masticating juicer on the market today. The main feature that sets it apart is its three inch wide chute.
- Large 3″ mouth
- It can accommodate larger produce in its chute
- Less prep time since you can insert some produce like carrots in their full form
- Accommodation of larger produce means less oxidation
- You can store juices for longer due to very low oxidation
- Dark red wine in color
- The overload protection system installed on the juicer may shut it off for an hour when overloaded or when experiencing unstable power supply.
- Also requires frequent maintenance
SKG Wide Chute Anti-Oxidation Slow Best Masticating Juicer will set you back around about $300. It is making a great reputation for itself with 242 Amazon reviews. With an outstanding 4.5 star rating.
The Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer is a good budget option for individuals that prefer a masticating juicer over centrifugal variants.
The Aicok juicer particularly excels at extracting juice from juicy greens and boasts high quality juices from other healthy products too. When tested alongside pricier models in its class, the Aicok performed considerably well.
The Aicok juicer does, however, have its fair share of performance issues, especially where, carrots, oranges, and beets are concerned. It produces lower-than-expected yields on the mentioned produce.
With over 850 reviews on Amazon and a 4.4 star rating a lot of people are happy with the Aicok juicer. This is the best masticating juicer for it’s price range. You can pick it up for around $100. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons.
Aicok Juicer Pros
- The Aicok works like a charm when juicing leafy greens such as kale and spinach.
- This model is very easy to clean and is dishwasher
- It performs exceptionally well with soft produce such as apples and celery amongst a few
- For its price, Aicok delivers reliable performance and is categorized among the best mid-range juicer models.
- 3 year warranty
- The accessories come in two optional colors – green and orange with the standard black base
Aicok Juicer Cons
- The slow masticating juicer performs horrendously with hard produce such as carrots and beets.
- The quality of the juice produced leaves a lot to be desired. There are concerns about foaming in some fruit and vegetable juices.
The Hurom comes with a patented SST (slow squeezing technology) that enables a gentler extraction of juices from produce, is far advanced than the other best masticating juicer.
Its technology means it preserves the cellular structure of the produce while still managing to extract the maximum amount of juice.
Hurom Hu-100 Pros
- The motor has a 10 year warranty
- It is practically silent when running.
- Extracts 35% more juice then with traditional high speed juicers.
- Minimal power consumption using only 150 watts of energy to juice
- Heavy duty Ultem strainer and auger meaning longer usage without replacement
- Handles leafy greens and hard vegetables with ease.
- Comes in silver and black.
Hurom Hu-100 Cons
- Has some trouble juicing wheatgrass.
- Requires frequent cleaning to ensure it does not clog.
If you want the Hurom Hu-100 Masticating Slow Juicer falls in the medium price range. It has been reviewed by 201 people and 71% of those have rated it 5 stars. Overall it has a 4 star rating.
Certainly this is one of the best masticating juicer out there. The Champion Juicer G5-Pg710 will leave you satisfied. It is a multi-purpose juicer that will always give you juice rich in flavor and rich in color.
It has a slow process that ensures maximum extraction juice while maintaining the integrity of the nutrients leaving a very dry pulp.
This Champion Juicer is the best masticating juicer with a homogenizer feature. It allows you to make frozen sorbets, baby foods, nut butters and delicious fruit sauces.
Champion Juicer G5-Pg710 Pros
- Truly a multi-purpose juicer and can handle a variety of foods
- Homogenizer – can make frozen sorbets, fruit sauces, nut butters, baby foods
- Ejects pulp automatically
- Easy assemble and disassemble meaning it is very easy to clean
- 10 year warranty
- Comes in White and Black
Champion Juicer G5-Pg710 Cons
- Considering other masticating juicers this one can cause quite a racket.
Certainly one of the best masticating juicer except for all the noise. The Champion Juicer G5-Pg710 will cost you around $300.